Friday, July 1, 2011

Week #33

Here we are a couple days into Week #33 already. 

The big news this week is lung development, her respiratory system is almost completely mature.  Which means, we need to keep her safe from the harsh winter.  Bundle her up, and keep her cozy.  I don't think we have to worry about bundling her up right now being that is was 90 some degrees outside today but with this week's gift we will be ready for when winter does return.  She can also now detect light and tell the difference between night and day (of course that ability will miraculously disappear once she's born and is up all night screaming......we hope that's not the case).  Her pupils will constrict and dilate in response to light.  She will also continue to pack on the pounds gaining around 1/2 a pound a week from here on out.  She now weighs about 4 1/2 pounds and is approximately 17.5 inches long.


I had another doctor's appointment yesterday, I'm now on a every 2 week schedule.  I gained 3 pounds which my doctor was happy to see/hear since the appointment before I had lost.  I didn't have to get any blood drawn which was good news to me since I finally got rid of the bruise on my arm from the last time I got blood drawn.  The doctor also scheduled an ultrasound at the hospital for me next week, I am measuring big still (I have been for a couple months now) so she wanted me to get an ultrasound done to check the fluid around the baby and other things.  Maybe I'll have this baby earlier than August 17th but I'm not getting my hopes up yet.....I'm guessing she'll come late.

Onto a nice long weekend, we've been enjoyed a relaxing night at home tonight.  Working on some laundry, watching TV and enjoying the temps inside the house.....I must say it's a HOT one out there today!

Tomorrow we are off to Milwaukee to visit Nathan's brother, sister-in-law, 2 nephews and their newest addition to the family.  Darren and Heather had a little girl last Saturday, Emmalee Marie weighing 7 lbs & 8 ounces.  They weren't going to induce Heather till July 5th so we didn't think we'd make it out there to see her since I won't be able to do much traveling after the middle of July with my due date fast approaching but since she is here already we get to see her.  I'm charging my camera right now so I can report back with some cute baby pictures.

Hope everybody has a happy & safe 4th of July weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I am learning alot from your blogs-I didn't know a baby gains 1/2lb a week during it's last 6-8 weeks. That still doesn't account for all the weight I always gained. You will be very fortunate in that you won't have tons of weight to lose after she is here. Have a fun and safe 4th.

    ReplyDelete