Friday, May 13, 2011

Week #26

We are one week closer already.....

This week's development notes how her little fingernails, toenails, eyebrows and eyelashes are now fully present and will continue to grow until birth, so what more what would this little girl need than her very own "grooming kit".....


...along with that she is surrounded by noise and may respond to loud noises now so that's why she received a couple CD's and the bright pink outfit is because she is now aware of light and dark.  All I have to say is that she is one spoiled little girl and she won't even be here for another 96 days, that's right we have hit the "less than 100 day" mark....that's unless she decides to come really, really late - let's not hope so!

Last night's project was putting together a bookshelf for her room.......I'm sure you're thinking "man this little girl's room must getting full" and it is.  We have a glider chair on order, hopefully it arrives early next week and some fun curtains to add to her room that my Mom is making for her....then I think we're some what done.  I have some wall decor that I'd like to put up and maybe some odds and ends for her new bookshelf but we have some time to add the "filler" stuff!

My job was to take all the pieces out of the box and get things organized.....


Then Nathan took over with the tools.....


Finished project only took us 45 minutes and that's counting having to flip one board around, only thing Nathan said was "why can't they just finish all the sides....why do they have to leave one unfinished and that's the one side that shows when you put the board on upside-down...."?  Good question honey!


As you can see she already has a couple books and picture frames on her cute little shelf.  I'm sure I'll be able to find some other odds and ends to fill the other shelves before August!

1 comment:

  1. It is great fun watching you guys put your baby's room together - from a distance of 500 miles. Your countdown is mine as well because I'll be vacationing in Iowa as soon as you let me know that "SHE'S HERE!" Stay well in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete