Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Birthday Blessings...

First birthday blessing was that Natalie let us sleep in till 8:00 am this morning.  She actually slept till 10:00 am herself but we got up around 8:00 am and got ready plus grabbed some breakfast together and waited for her to wake up. 

Before heading out to do a few errands this morning I got to open my birthday gift from Nathan and Natalie, which included my 1st "Mommy" birthday card!




I made out pretty good...I got a cute picture frame, a candle, new CD, candy and the Willow Tree figurine "The Gift" which is a Mom & Dad holding a baby.

Then it was onto Cedar Falls, first stop was to Target so I could exchange some stuff, then I picked up a few things at Dollar Tree and then it was onto an hour of pampering myself.  Nathan dropped me off to get a pedicure and a manicure.  So nice and relaxing!  After that we grabbed some pizza at OP, and then it was back home for the afternoon.  Natalie napped while I did some odds and ends around the house and Nathan working outside.

Then Mom, Gary, Trish, Ang and Carson came over for supper, here's wild man Carson being silly.....

Aunt Angie with Natalie....

We ended our evening with dessert, yummy ice cream cake from Dairy Queen....thanks Nathan it was super good....."Strawberry Shortcake" I highly recommend it!



One last snapshot for the night....me and Natalie, who's 10 days old already!
 

I experienced so many birthday blessings today!  Spending time with family and friends, it's my 29th birthday that I'll never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment