Saturday, August 27, 2011

1 week old

Just a week ago we were sitting in the hospital loving on our newborn and here we are today a week later enjoying a busy day together.  This morning we packed up and headed to Aplington to help Carl & Angie shingle their house, okay Natalie and I didn't help, but Nathan did.

Here she is sleeping thru her 1st trip to Aplington...


Shortly after we arrived it was break time so Angie used that time to get some loving in...


Then it was back on the roof....


What a mess shingling is...


Right after lunch we headed home since the guys got the roof done, that's after working on it all day Friday and half of Saturday.  We enjoyed a family nap on the floor for a couple hours before heading to Blain's to grab a couple things.  Here is Nathan and Natalie heading into Blain's, her 1st trip to a store.  I wanted her first trip to a store to be to Hobby Lobby but I guess Dad won with Blain's!


Then it was onto Wal-Mart to grab a few groceries...


After we got home I put away the groceries while Nathan got her in her stroller so we could go on a little walk....


Of course we ended our night by watching the Bears game.  I think she is a Bears fan already as she just stared at the T.V. for the longest time tonight before giving me a BIG yawn and then falling asleep, I guess football makes her tired!


I have loved every minute of this last week, even when I'm up in the middle of the night.  We have learned so much about our new bundle of joy and all of her likes and dislikes.  We have one more week as of family of 3 that get to hang out together all day long as Nathan has this next week off as well which I'm looking forward too!

1 comment:

  1. There you have it-the first week of the rest of your life! You do all the things you normally did but with a new outlook and purpose. Live on, Little Rausch Family.....

    ReplyDelete