Thursday, April 7, 2011

We have furniture...

Yesterday the delivery guys showed up with the baby's crib/mattress and new dresser.  I had to run home to open the door for them and then head back to work so I was eager to get back home and get the dresser in place and see just how many pieces the bed was in since it arrived in a box. 

Since the weather was so nice yesterday I helped Nathan do a little bit of yard work outside but once it hit dark and a little cooler temps we headed inside where I'm sure Nathan was ready to relax for the night but I twisted his arm enough that we headed upstairs to the baby's room to see how "bad" this project was going to be to put together!



I ran downstairs to grab some power tools and when I came back up all I asked was "how bad do the instructions look?"  Nathan gave me this look and said "I can't even figure out which side is English and which side is Spanish".....that's when I knew we were in trouble!


But once we got everything organized and ready to go the project didn't look so bad, at least there weren't thousands of pieces to go through....and we soon realized that this company puts both the English and Spanish directions together so you just have to skip the language that doesn't make any sense to you, which would be Spanish!



I told Nathan to grab the camera and take a picture of me since it looks like he does all the work all of the time, which is mostly right but I'm always right there being his "lovely" assistant!  So of course he grabs the front rail, cages me in and then says "smile".....what a guy!


We are getting there....


Finished project.....and it took us less than an hour!


Here's a picture of her new dresser too!  Her little room is getting fuller all the time!

1 comment:

  1. I love it that you are in a picture! And it seems personal now that you can speak in terms of "her" instead of "it". I like that. And I like the furniture you chose; it's perky pretty. And I love you, too.

    ReplyDelete