Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Famous Christmas Bread

Yesterday Nathan and I made Grandma Sally's famous Christmas Bread and I think it turned out pretty good, can't wait to enjoy some later this morning as we celebrate Christmas at Mom & Gary's house.
 
It's such a fun treat for me to make this bread as it reminds me of all the times Grandma Sally would make us Christmas bread year after year, it's was such a special treat.  She would always get up bright & early on Christmas morning and make it and then deliver it to us after we opened out Christmas presents.  
Just a few years ago Grandma taught me how to make this famous bread, still learning all the "secrets" but I think I'm doing pretty good!

This is how it starts out.... 


Mixing up the good stuff...


Nathan was my special helper, he got the job of rolling out the bread!


Next step, pinching the dough together after I've added the gooey stuff...


Here's the bread ready to go into the oven...


Just about done...


And here's the finished product, with some extra sprinkles!


Well we are off to another Christmas!
From our family to yours, we wish you a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED THIS BLOG!!! And your bread looks perfect. Good job Nathan and Diane, I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete