Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Advent Dinner

Tuesday night Ang and I attended the Advent Dinner at Orchard Hill Church, which was for women only.  What a great time we had!  We had a yummy meal, served my some of the gentlemen of the church.  The guest speaker for the evening was Tara Thomas, which was very good.  The rest of the evening consisted of singing Christmas songs and enjoying a drama performance!

Here is the table we were sitting at, "Country Christmas", which was very pretty.  I think there were 24 different tables which were all decorated by different people....what a great idea!  


Here is Ang and I...


I know it's a bad picture but we were toward the back plus my camera doesn't take real great pictures in the gym area where we were but here is Tara Thomas speaking...


And the drama team, which consists of these cute little lambs (kids) they did a great job...


The topic of the evening was "Joy" what a great reminder at this busy time of the year that we should keep "joy" in our hearts and remember the true meaning of Christmas!  Ang and I both agreed that you would have really enjoyed this evening with us girls Grandma Sally, we missed you!


1 comment:

  1. That would have been fun to be with the two of you doing a girly girl thing. Thanks for the reminder, too, that "joy" is the password into the Christmas Season. I forgot it for a moment. Back on track now though.

    ReplyDelete