Sunday, December 15, 2013

"Joy-Filled" Weekend...

What a "joy-filled" weekend we had together as a family...we got a few things checked off our to-do list yet enjoyed some relaxing time as well.  It was a great weekend for me especially since I head back into the office tomorrow, kind of a sad day for me even though Addi has been in daycare for a week now and I've been working (at-home) for a couple weeks now but there's just something about sitting in an office 8:00 am - 4:30 pm with a bunch of other women that I'm just not looking forward too - but what can I do about it, right?
 
Now onto the things that brought us "joy" this weekend....
 
*A Friday night of running errands and finishing up most of our
Christmas shopping plus grabbing a bite to eat at Applebee's as a family of 4.
 
*A Saturday morning of cinnamon rolls and Orange Julius and pj's till noon.....
an afternoon of a no napping 2 year old (okay maybe that didn't bring us joy)
but instead of a nap we baked cookies and did finger painting...who wants a nap when that fun stuff is going on?  We ended our Saturday by having some friends/neighbors over for supper, in which I tried a new recipe (main course & a dessert) and they both went over great!
 
*A Sunday filled of good stuff - started the morning off with babies in the bath tub, then it was off to church where I got to snuggle my Addi girl and sing Christmas songs....after church the hubby offered to gas up my van plus put it through the car wash....now that's "joy"!  We also grabbed a bite to eat with Nathan's parents who were in town doing a little Christmas shopping before heading home.  Our afternoon consisted of Addi sleeping 5 hours and
the rest of us watching the Bears win and then finding a funny Christmas movie on the family channel....well it was funny to Mom & Dad, Natalie fell asleep on Nathan's lap in the chair, which never happens.....we let her sleep for just a little
bit since it was already 5:00 pm.....we ended the evening with an
easy supper & some football.
 
And a few snapshots from our "joy-filled" weekend:
 








Onto the last full week of work and daycare before all the Christmas fun,
we can do this....I think we are ready!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Lots of Memory-making for your family of 4. Cracks me up that Natalie paints in the nude! Addi is still a smiley baby isn't she.

    ReplyDelete