Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Apple Crisp

I don't usually post recipes just because I have so many in my recipe cupboard!
But I just thought I'd share this one as I'm sure a lot of you are busy in the kitchen making that yummy apple crisp due to the fun Fall weather we've been experiencing these last couple of weeks.
 
Here it goes.....an apple crisp recipe that you bake in the microwave,
yes you read that correctly!  Very easy and delicious!
 
All you need is:
6 lg apples - peeled and sliced
1/2 c sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Topping:
2/3 c flour
1/2 c oatmeal
1/4 c nuts (optional)
3 T Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 c butter

Combine topping ingredients until crumbly.  Place apples in a 8-inch dish.  Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over apples.  Add crumbly topping on top. 
Cook in microwave for 15 minutes on full power. 
Garnish with cool whip or ice cream and caramel.
 
Now that I've shared the recipe here are a couple snapshots as well!
 
Yummy apples from Saturday's road trip...


Cinnamon & Sugar, ready to toss it into the apples!


Peeling your apples is very easy when you have a "helper"
and this fun little gadget!



And there you go....apples are peeled!



Apples coated....
 

Coated apples added to the pan along with the topping.....
ready for the microwave!


There you have it!

 
Enjoy......
 
 

1 comment: